The highly esteemed Roger Federer is set to play Tomas Berdych in the Round of 32 of the Australian Open, which is expected to be a close match.
How to Watch:
Because this match is expected to be quite entertaining, it will be airing on multiple channels. Specifically, you can find it on ESPN, British EuroSport, Tennis Channel, and various other tennis related channels or sites. Unfortunately, the match is planned to begin at 3:15 a.m. Central Time, making it difficult for many to watch. Luckily, however, we will be posting a Match Report to fill you in on what happened!
Federer and Berdych have gone head to head many times in their careers, and have a record of 16-6, respectively. Federer has won the last 4 of their 5 meetings in straight sets. In fact, in last year’s Australian Open, Federer defeated Berdych in the QuarterFinals. The last time Berdych beat Federer was in 2013 at a tournament in Dubai, and even then it was close.
- Aggressive Pace can Disrupt Berdych’s Rhythm
- Positive Record Against Berdych
- Good Mentality when Playing the Czech
- Just Returned From Injury
- Berdych’s Game Can Trouble Him, Especially on Hard Court
- Might Not Be Able to Last the Full Match
- Court Suits Him
- Better Physical Condition
- Well-Rested (Only Played 4 Sets)
- Also Just Returned From Injury
- Will Lose If His Shots Are Off
- Mentally Weaker
Match Prediction: Federer def. Berdych 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
From a statistical standpoint, I predict that Roger Federer will win the match. However, I am almost positive that it will not be in straight sets like their last few meetings.