Swiss players Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka are set to duel in the SemiFinals for what we’re calling “The Battle of the Swiss”
How to Watch:
As the tournament is nearing its end and the matches are getting more entertaining, you will be able to watch the Australian Open on a variety of channels. Some of the more popular places are: WatchESPN, British EuroSport, EuroSport 1 & 2, Australian Open Website (for live commentary), but you may be able to watch on other channels as well. Unfortunately, the match is planned to be played at 2:30 A.M., so it is inconvenient for many fans to watch.
The two Swiss have gone head-to-head multiple times before with a total of 21 matches to this date. Federer currently leads their record 18-3. Do not let these numbers fool you though! Wawrinka has played difficult opponents in his past 3 rounds but has still won with ease.
Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Leads H2H 18-3 (Confidence)
- Playing consistently well lately
- Recovered from injury well
- Wawrinka will be the first major-winning opponent of tournament
- Has not played Wawrinka since 2015
- Won past 3 matches easily (Confidence)
- Fresh start against Federer because last match was 2015
- Bad H2H against Federer
- Federer can overpower one-handed backhand
Match Prediction: Federer def. Wawrinka 6-2, 7-5,4-6, 6-3